Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Proof We're Dead in Winter


 The Lobster Shack
 The Clam Bar





The other day I was driving home from school, and I was thinking about all the new places I want to visit (you can see them on my board on Pinterest). I then started to ask myself what makes a "vacation spot" a vacation spot? Is it the rating the beaches get each year? Is it the amount of five star hotels there? How many celebrities go there? Or is it just the sheer number of people that go there each year? 
I really don't know, so I can't give you my opinion even if you wanted it... and you probably did if you're reading my blog. Sorry to disappoint... 

The east end of Long Island, though, is an infamous vacation spot during the summer. Its beaches, hotels, and restaurants are all very well known in the North East and much of the US. People flock during the summer, specifically New Yorkers. However, the hype and all of the people leave just as fast as the warm weather does. It's really quiet out here during the winter, if you can't tell from the pictures. I don't know if it's a curse, but  I have a personality that needs to be near a city, so it's especially hard for me during the winter here. I've been in Manhattan the last two weekends which has dulled my boredom and desire to live in New York... but just a little bit. Patience is a virtue, ladies and gentlemen, so I'll wait until after college. For now, I'll just have to blog on a cold, empty beach. 

Cheers, 

Jack 

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments: