Sunday, November 25, 2012

Back to Normal







 Freak. 

I'm clearly not the climber in the family. 


Alright, I know.... it's been a long time. A full thirteen days, I think, since I last posted. And, yes, it's unacceptable. As the title of this post says, however, things are getting back to normal. The most hectic month of my life to date has passed, and I finally have time to blog regularly again. PRAISE THE LAWD! I was going through a bit of a withdrawal. 

How was everybody's Thanksgiving?! Mine was awesome--I love seeing my family. I am the oldest of fourteen cousins who I am really close to, so it's really fun when we are all together. I over ate, as usual. So it's time to start taking spin classes like they're M&M's to get ready for the holidays. 

Another reason this post is called "Back to Normal" is because Dune Road, the strip of land that the ocean beaches are on in the Hamptons, has finally reopened. These pictures don't really show off the damage that the dunes and the beaches actually underwent, but use your imagination. Thirty foot dunes became flat and the sand was pushed into the parking lots of the restaurants across the street. We have a new inlet in the Moriches area, and there are countless places where the ocean just washed over Dune Road. But she is still here! I took these photos today at 4:00pm and let me tell you it was absolutely freezing. 42 degrees but it felt lower with the windchill. The pipes my sister and I are standing on are used for dredging, which will begin shortly to rebuild the beaches. 

The last one will be my Christmas card I think. What do you think?

Follow me on my new instagram @thehamptonite

Cheers, 

Jack 

PS Ally and Claire are featured in this post

No comments: