Saturday, October 27, 2012

Apple Cake: Take 1









About these photos: Shirt J. Crew (last year), Specs Tom Ford

Everyone, say hello to my best friend, Ally! Find her on Instagram @Ally_Stacy. I have probably tagged her in a bunch of different photos. Both of us love to cook, and Wednesday she asked me to make Tate's Apple Cake on Friday night. Obviously, I couldn't pass it up. 

Honestly, it was so easy to make. Kathleen's directions are really really simple. Unfortunately, her oven malfunctioned and broiled it.... awkward. Both her parents still liked it, but it sucked. Don't kid yourselves. We went to Tate's Bakeshop in Southampton to actually try it today. Let me tell you it was better than anything I have ever tasted. It says to cook it for an hour and forty five minutes. I am sure it is the right time, but make sure your oven bakes. Have a good weekend, and don't forget to batten down the hatches for Sandy! I'll post pictures if it gets wild out here. 

Cheers, 

Jack 

PS here is the link to Tate's recipe. 

No comments: