Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cold Days & Winter Haze




 




               #nofilter

I am wearing: Dad's Hat, J. Crew vest, J. Crew Hoodie (here), Old Navy Tee, Gap Jeans, Treetorns for  J. Crew sneakers, Herschel Backpack (here)

Before the yelling about not posting begins, let me just say I've been busy. School and skiing and everything else in my life have just wiped out the blog for almost a month. I know it's bad. I was running errands today with my friend Ally and we stopped on Dune Road to take pictures as the sun set, so I was pretty casual. I got a new bow tie a few weeks ago and have been dying to style it for a post... someday soon. Spring break is almost upon us which means blogging on a daily basis! Three weeks and counting. *Paragraph of random information ends*

I'm having trouble believing it's March already. I mean really where the eff did February go? Along with the month of love, chocolates, and the beloved Fat Tuesday, my new year resolutions have disappeared as well. Does anyone really stick with them? Posting more regularly was at the top of my list and God knows that didn't happen, so imagine what happened to the little things I promised I'd do. Looks like that old lady will have to cross the damn street by her damn self.

 Together with everyone else in America and probably the rest of the world's new year resolvers, hitting the gym more often was on our lists... and it still isn't crossed off. My sneakers have moved from the mud room to my closet, and they weren't even on my feet. I wish I could say I've had absolutely no time to go to the gym, but, honestly, who am I kidding? You didn't go either. Turns out there are a lot of excuses as to why you can't raise your heart rate over eighty beats per minute. Believe it or not, there are even more excuses why pizza or chinese food are better options than pureed cauliflower, grilled chicken and roasted vegetables. 

As the spring catalogs come pile up on my counter and I realize the models are not, in fact, laying on the beach in big sweaters and jeans, I get a lump in my stomach, check for a hernia, and decide it's time for my three month resolution--GYM TIME. Summer is almost here, people; don't kid yourselves. Before you know it, you'll be wet and half naked sitting in those ever so shape flattering beach chairs with a good book under the bright sun. So whip out the finger pricks, prick that plump digit of yours, and drop the blood into the gilded chalice of the worker outers' club (because we both know that's what it's called). Hop on this bandwagon, and let's make March a month of real people resolutions! 

Get Sexy, 

Jack 

PS go to the gym, she'll be watching




No comments: