Saturday, March 23, 2013

Belgian Waffles... from Belgium









 
"Please Sir can I have some more?"

There's something to be said for a waffle thats been "ironed" and not simply defrosted and stuck in the toaster. It's so fluffy, light, and delicious... like a pillow pet. I tried my very hardest to make these healthy waffles. I really wanted to make 'em whole wheat, but I couldn't bring myself to ruin a perfectly good batch of waffles. So, I looked for fruit in my fridge only to find a kiwi and celery, neither of which is complementary. So I bailed on the healthy idea, and I made them all natural. Which to me means, bisquick, water, vegetable oil, powdered sugar, and Vermont maple syrup from The Vermont Country Store. Needless to say, they were incredible!

I'm headed into the city tomorrow to meet my cousins for Spring shopping and dinner on the upper west side. I bought a few goodies yesterday, which were all on supa sale. I am headed toward the sun and warm weather on Wednesday. I go to Florida each year, so it isn't anything special, but it's definitely well-deserved and much-needed. Spring break 2013!

Bonsoir, 

Jack  

Jack 


No comments: