Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Singin' in the Rain














I am wearing: Umbrella Ebay, Jacket H&M (old), Cardigan H&M (old), Bowtie H&M, Shirt J. Crew (here), Jeans Levis (here), Shoes Johnston & Murphy (here)

10 days after my post about resolutions, in which I vowed to post more often, I am posting for the first time since then. Well, I don't know what to say.... I promise again to try mah very hardest, yo. 

As I push through the wonderful month of March, I begin to mix warmer weather clothes into my wardrobe. I wore shorts outside yesterday! I was only checking the mail, but I think it still counts. I've pushed my coats to the back of my closet and brought out jackets and vests for the beginning of Spring, how exciting. In doing so, however, I have realized that Papa Bear's closet is in desperate need of a good ol' spring cleaning. The list of chores is piling on up. 

Sometime during the transition from renaissance corsets to flapper dresses to bell bottoms, fashion "icons" have created a notorious reputation for the color white. We are told that white is a color specifically reserved for blistering heat waves from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and absolutely no time in between. Well, I'm here to tell you that times are a'changin' (if that's how you spell that). Be your own icon! I mean it really can't be that difficult, right? After all, Anna Wintour has only been the editor of American Vogue since 1988, and she's half way there. White is completely and totally acceptable during the spring and sometimes the winter if you're going for a monochromatic look. I mean I'm not really saying throw on a hot pink button down and electric blue oxfords and strut your stuff down Fifth Avenue in a blizzard. But a gray jacket and brown oxfords, hell yeah! Go for gold! or should I say white? 

Peace out, 
Jack 
PS if you can get your hands on a clear, dome umbrella throw that thing in the cart and slide that plastic

No comments: