Saturday, May 4, 2013

Casual Saturday





I am wearing: Hat Dad's, Shirt J. Crew (old), Tee J. Crew (here), Belt Gap (old), Watch Swatch, Jeans Levi (here), Shoes Sperry (here)

Happy Saturday, y'all! Some of you loyal readers who have been with me from le beginning might remember my fervent promise of doing a collection of  "Casual Friday" posts. Well, I didn't... shoot me.  I just haven't had time to take pictures during the week chu know? SO I'm doing one, on Saturday, to make up for all of the Friday posts I missed. 

As you can see, I am clad in a linen shirt, my Summer staple. I feel like that post was a good one. So, I'm going to give you another staple, and if you don't want it, then you can leave I guess. Drum roll please...... THE BOAT SHOE. Sperry is one of the most iconic brands in the industry, and they're super interesting when you think about it. I mean their marketing has done a complete 180 degree turn. Boat shoes were traditionally intended for the crew on a boat or ship because their light rubber soles didn't leave marks on the white decks. Slowly but surely they made their way into the Rockport collection, which was marketed towards old men who wanted comfortable shoes that were easy to slip on and off. Now in 2013, they are probably one of the most practical popular shoes on the market. Cool lacrosse kids have converted from basketball sneakers to boat shoes. The world of prep has definitely made an entrance, and she's here to stay. If you don't already have a pair, I strongly recommend you get one. They go with everything, they're super comfortable, and they clean up your outfit. If you're older than 25 and you wear your flip flops out to dinner with shorts and a button down in the summer, get up now, go to the store and buy a pair. You NEED them. *end of rant*

Cheers, 

Jack 

PS three days left of school, and stay tuned next week when I tell you where I'll be working this summer! 

Follow me on Instagram!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this post my response my latest blog post Continued my website check these guys out