Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What the hell is up, Wednesday?


I recently have been hating on myself about how I haven't been posting on my blog for almost three whole months. I started this blog a year ago last month, and I will readily admit that it has been so tough to keep running. It's difficult to take pictures and keep you lovely readers informed. It's difficult to compete with the literally millions of other blogs on this magical thing we call the internet. As a result, I have fallen off the band wagon more than a few times, but I really want to get back on it. Like really badly. I recently broke down, and said I need a completely different face. I want a new slate. So I wrote a post about reinventing yourself and evolving and changing, and I introduced you to a new blog on Tumblr to take the place of this one that I created. However, I think I have changed my mind about leaving The Hamptonite in its time of need. I've gotten her this far, so what the hell? Right? I mean isn't that what we are supposed to do? Persevere in times of trouble. At least, that's what all the bitches in elementary school told me... So I'm here and I'm ready to party.

Unfortunately, I left my camera at home when I came to school, because I was afraid my roommate would steal it. So I cannot take outfit pictures for a while. However, I had this great idea. What if I did a post once a week that didn't involve pictures of me? In it I have the freedom to express anything I want. Pictures, stories, essays, advice, food, etc. Here it is... What's up Wednesday? Like so many other bloggers, I started this blog to express myself and put my thoughts and expressions down so other people could relate to me. And I think some time last year, I got mixed up and lost sight of my original intention and goal of creating The Hamptonite. I thought I needed to become famous. But such a small portion of bloggers become famous and have the luxury of living a life created from their hobby. And that's not what I want. I want a judgement-free zone in which I can relate to the other losers in the world just like me. And I know you're out there.

So, if you're still willing, follow me along this journey to find ourselves. And if you're not, I'll still be here taking up space on the internet when you change your mind and come back to see me.

I'll see you soon.

Jack

No comments: