Friday, January 9, 2015

I'm Back...

"It's not you.... it's me," he always says. "I need to work on myself, I'm not worthy of you. I'm broken." Something along those lines has been paraphrased by a major portion of the dating pool since the tradition of courting aged out. Last year, I found myself echoing the very sentences I just quoted. The difference between my break up and yours, you ask? Mine was with my blog, and what a devastating break up it was.

Well, I worked on myself. I had a year to self-reflect, and I came to the conclusion that I am now ready to once again begin writing on this public platform for whomever may read it. And the truth is when I think about why I even stopped writing and posting on The Hamptonite, I struggle to think of an answer. I like to tell myself that school and classes got in the way. I hate to think that it was because of my incredibly active social life due to my immense popularity and general admiration by all with whom I come into contact, but I'm fairly certain I can cross that one off the list with a bedazzled quill--because to do so without would be pointless. In reality, I think I stopped writing because I got lazy, which is as relatable as relatable gets but also inexcusable. This was my outlet, a sort of therapy, and I'm pretty sure my quality of life (which, despite what society accepts as the definition, I equate quality of life with my degree of happiness) decreased drastically. So, in the spirit of self-prescribed verbal therapy, let's get back together again. Doesn't everyone just love a good reunion?

Cheers, 

Jack

No comments: