Friday, January 11, 2013

Chicken, Taters, and CHOCOLATE

Dinner: courtesy of moi










Dessert: courtesy of Claire Sullivan





I think everyone has been having pretty shitty days recently. Today was mine. I have a cold, school was boring, and bad news was thrown at me when I got home. My way of making things better is by cooking something delicious... it's relaxing and comforting to cook and eat. I went to the supermarket around seven and just grabbed things to throw something together. This is what ya get. Grilled chicken breast in a dry rub with garlic whipped mashed potatoes and melted garlic and herb white cheddar cheese, all sprinkled with chopped chives. Also, a pile of sauteed string beans (my second favorite vegetable). 

Last, but certainly not least, brownie a la modes for Claire and I. The brownies are the Williams & Sonoma mix and my God I haven't had anything that delicious in my mouth since Thanksgiving 2008 when my uncle made creamed potatoes... orgasmic. A dollop of Haagen Dazs to top the whole thing off.

Cheers, 

Jack 
I forgot about casual Friday. Forgive me? 



No comments: